Remember: if you give love to your hair & it will love you back!
How to Install a Lace-Front Wig
1. Pack your wig up into a ponytail to avoid the edges sticking to the glue. Use bobby pins to hold the hairs in the tips if it's a short wig.
2. Test fit the wig and trim the extra lace on the edges. This is only applicable if the wig is new, and the laces haven't been trimmed already by the manufacturer.
3. Braid your hair into cornrows to help hide it under the wig and avoid bumps. You can pack long hair into a ponytail and then lay it flat using bobby pins.
4. Clean the skin on your hairline to remove oil and dirt. You can use soap and water or dab with alcohol.
5. Spray your hairline with a scalp protector to prevent direct contact between your skin and the glue.
6. Put on your wig cap to further flatten your hair further and keep the wig in place.
7. Use a makeup brush to apply glue or adhesive to your hairline. Instead of glue, you can use a wig tape.
8. Gently put on your wig until the edges align with your hairline.
9. Part and make the hairline natural.
10. Style and use accessories as desired.
TO APPLY YOUR WIG LIKE A STYLIST, YOU NEED THE FOLLOWING PRODUCTS AND TOOLS:
• Human hair wig
• Fine toothed comb
• Scissors or pinking shears
• Scalp protector
• Flatirons or curling wands
• Liquid adhesive, wig tape or glue
• Adhesive application brush
• Hair clips and bobby pins
• Blow dryer
• Wig cap
STEP 1- PREPARE YOUR WIG
Your wig needs to be well prepared before you put in. The preparation of your wig involves different processes depending on if the wig is new or old.
WASH AND CONDITION YOUR WIG
You should occasionally wash and condition your old wigs or take them to a stylist for proper care and styling. If your wig is in good condition or new, you do not need to wash or condition until you have used it a few times.
• Human hair wigs do not have a natural source of oil or moisture. Therefore, always insist on sulfate-free shampoos for washing your wigs to avoid damage.
• If you wear your wig very often, then you should wash them at least once or twice a month.
TEST FIT YOUR WIG
Put on your wig to ensure it fits properly then brush it out. New wigs especially need to be brushed before you put them on to remove any shape that has been imposed on the wig by the wig box. Brushing your wig will also help the hair fall into place and remove tangles.
If you are preparing a long wig, pack it into a ponytail.
For short wigs, use bobby pins to hold the hair on the edges of the wig backward.
The purpose of packing your wig is to ensure that the edges do not get caught in
the glue or adhesive when you put it on.
TRIM THE EXTRA LACE ON THE EDGES
If you are wearing a front or full lace wig that hasn't already been trimmed, you will have to trim the lace. Wear the wig and adjust it as you want, then use a few clasps to pull the hair away from your face.
Take sharp pinking shears or scissors and trim the extra lace carefully along your hairline. When trimming, leave a little space past the wig hairline about one- eight-inch of lace.
• Trimming the lace edge is only applicable if you are preparing your wig for the first time, and it hasn't been trimmed already.
• Be careful when trimming to avoid cutting into the hairline of the wig.
• When you finish trimming, place your wig aside on a wig stand or a flat surface.
STEP 2 - PREPARE YOUR HAIR
Before applying your wig, you should prepare your hair by flattening it. Flattening your hair prevents the appearance of bumps in your wig, making it look unnatural. The length of your hair will affect the way you prepare it for wig application.
PREPARING YOUR LONG HAIR FOR WIG APPLICATION
Pack hair into a ponytail and wrap it into a flat bun. Then use bobby pins to hold the bun down.
PREPARING MEDIUM OR SHORT HAIR FOR WIG APPLICATION
There are two ways to flatten your short or medium hair for wig allocation. First is to braid hair into cornrows. Straight and backward cornrows are most suitable. Another option is to mold the hair flat into your head using gel or hairspray.
PUT ON THE WIG CAP
There are different types of wig caps. However, a soft wig cap is best for use.
when you have a human hair. The primary purpose of putting your wig cap on is to help hold down and put the wig in place properly.
A wig cap also helps flatten your hair better and keeps it all tucked under the wig.
When putting on a wig cap, make sure that your fingers do not scatter your already flattened hair. Then, leave some part of your hairline (about one inch) uncovered.
PS- If you have no hair, you shouldn't bother about using wig caps. Wig caps will slide around your head if there is no hair and cause a knot under your wig.
STEP 3- PROTECT YOUR SKIN
Clean your hairline with soap and water, cleanser, or cotton wool dabbed with alcohol. This will help remove excess oil on the hair that may reduce the effectiveness of the glue and cause your wig to slide off your head.
When the alcohol is dry, apply a scalp protection serum or spray and allow it to dry completely. It is crucial to clean and protect your scalp, especially the skin on your hairline, before putting on the wig. The scalp protector protects your skin against the harsh effect of the glue or wig tape.
STEP 4 - APPLY GLUE OR WIG TAPE TO YOUR HAIRLINE
For human hair wigs, you can either use a liquid adhesive a wig tape or glue. You should do a skin test before applying any glue on your scalp.
TEST YOUR SKIN
Some glues may cause allergy on your skin. When you buy a wig tape or liquid adhesive, carry out a skin test by dabbing a small quantity on your hand a day before you plan to apply your wig.
If you notice any form of reaction, you should avoid such glue and get a hypoallergenic adhesive instead.
However, if the skin on the back of your hand feels normal, then you can go ahead and use the glue on your hairline.
APPLYING A WIG TAPE
Cut your wig tape into eight or ten pieces, enough to cover your hairline without spaces in between completely.
Press the sticky side of each tape against the skin of your hairline evenly.
Then remove the thick foam of the tape, leaving the other gummy part of the tape exposed.
If your wig tapes have too much space between them, you will have loose space between your hairline and your wig will look unnatural.
USING A LIQUID GLUE OR ADHESIVE
You need a brush to apply liquid glue if you do not want to use the wig tape.
Use the brush to apply the glue onto the areas of your hairline where the wig will be attached.
Then, blow-dry for a few seconds until the glue becomes tacky and then apply your wig.
You do not need to blow dry if you use a hair bond adhesive, apply your wig immediately.
STEP 5 - PUT YOUR WIG ON AND SECURE IT
Now, this is the trickiest part of applying the wig.
Hold your wig at the sides, moving your hand back towards the center. Carefully put the wig on from the back of your head.
With the wig is sitting on the back of your head, pull gently forward from the side while preventing the edges from sticking to the glue.
Using a mirror, adjust the edges of the wig to align with your hairline.
Then check that the back of the wig covers your hair completely. Adjust again until you have matched the edges of the wig with your hairline, and it's well centered.
Then, press the lace of the wig around the edge over the glue or wig tape using a fine-tooth comb. Ensure that there is no glue residue wig tape visible.
• Do not bend over while wearing your wig to avoid parts of the wig sticking to the glue.
• Once you press the edges, the wig will hold, and you won't be able to adjust anymore. Therefore, ensure that the wig is placed correctly before pressing it down at the edges.
• You can hook a few body pins into the wig through to your wig cap to make your wig more secure.
• Remove any visible glue residue by rubbing with a ball of cotton wool dabbed in alcohol.
REAPPLY YOUR WIG
It is possible that after wearing your wig, you find that it is not well-positioned, or it looks unnatural.
Get a Grip and dab in alcohol, then run it over your hairline to detach the wig. You can now apply the wig again.
STEP 6 - MAKE THE HAIRLINE AND HAIR PART NATURAL
Regular brushes are best for brushing natural hair wigs. Use a flat iron to smooth down the top and the edges of your wig for a natural look.
You may also part the hair on your wig at the center. For a natural hairline look, ensure that the middle of the wig aligns with the middle of your hair.
Other ways to make your hairline look natural is to ensure that edges fit correctly if your wig is not placed correctly, it will give it away easily.
You can also let a stylist trim the extra lace in the front of your wig. Irregular edges would be more obvious, giving you an unnatural look.
STEP 7 – STYLE YOUR HAIR AND ACCESSORIZE
The simplest tricks to making your human hair wig look natural are styling and accessorizing.
Style the hair up the same way you would style your natural hair and use accessories as you usually would. This will make your look naturally, and also make you comfortable.
• To get a more natural look on a scanty hairline, place your wig about half an inch behind your hairline.
• The wig hairline should be very similar to your natural hairline. If your hairline has long baby hairs, make sure that you pick a wig that has the same for a more natural look.
How To Wash Your Wig
When you wash the hair, it's better to brush it first and use warm water and hair shampoo to wash for twice. Then put hair conditioner equally on the hair for 5 minutes. Then wash it with clean water. Hair conditioner is very necessary everytime you wash your hair! We suggest you use high-quality hair conditioner. If you want to blow your hair dry, please blow to 80% dry, then keep the rest 20% to naturally dry, by this way, it will keep your hair away from drying and frizzy! When you feel the hair is very dry, you can spray some hair oil. Meanwhile, when you wash the hair, you can pour little hair care oil into warm water ,and put the hair inside that warm water for 10 minutes around. The hair will be more silk and soft comparing before. But we suggest you not use hair oil everyday. Because hair oil may make your hair strands dry and hard! If you want to get your hair curls back, better to use crimping iron to curl the hair according to its original curl shape again! Washing your curly wig regularly helps keep it looking as fresh and natural as possible.
To achieve this:
• Fill a sink with water( warm water would be better).
• Add a small amount of shampoo with hair care ingredients, and submerge your wig.
• Squeeze out any excess water, being careful not to wring it out.
• Rinse thoroughly in water, then gently squeeze out any excess liquid again and dry with a towel.
Alternatively when you don’t have time for a full wash, spray your human hair wig with water mixed with conditioner. Just like in real hair, a little bitof moisture will help curls bounce back and appear fresh. This will make your curls mimic what naturally healthy curls look like after they’ve been dampened with some water.
Step 1: Detangle
Before you wash, make sure you carefully detangle the hair using a wide tooth comb. Start from ends and work toward the root to decrease shedding.
Step 2: Rinse
Use lukewarm water and rinse from roots to ends. Do not soak or rub as this can lead to tangling.
Tip: If your wig is curly, try leaving the hairnet on.
Step 3: Shampoo
Loosen shampoo in your hands and work through the hair. Distribute a small amount of shampoo evenly throughout the hair.
Tip: Use circular motions to clean the cap.
Step 4a: Condition Synthetic Hair
Spray leave-in conditioner from the mid-shaft to the ends.Tip: Avoid the root or knots.
Step 4b: Condition Human Hair
Leave in for a few minutes before rinsing. Do NOT apply conditioner to the root. By applying conditioner to the roots, the product will undo the knots in the cap and cause loss of fiber.
Tip: If dry or damaged, use a deep conditioner.
Step 5: Rinse
Let lukewarm water flow in the same direction of the hair to avoid tangling. Squeeze and press the hair; do NOT wring.
Tip: Towel blot to remove excess water.
Step 6a: Dry Synthetic Hair
Air dry on a folding wig stand.Tip: Gently part the hair with a comb before wig dries.
Step 6b: Dry Human Hair
Blow dry about 80% and then round brush until smooth.
How to Do A Deep Conditioning Treatment
Static, wearing wig in a wrong method, store wig in a wrong place. It’s not strange that wigs will get tangled.
To keep tangles from being a huge problem:
• Try doing a deep conditioning treatment on your wig before and after wearing it. You can do so by using products like coconut oil or olive oil and conditioner.
• Don't put too much product(hair spray)in your hair because that can lead to more tangling than usual.
• At least once per week, soak your wig in warm water. Take it out and apply conditioner product liberally through all of your hair, starting at your ends and
• After the time is up, rinse with warm water and follow up with a cool water rinse to close cuticles.
• Use a soft towel to gently blot excess water away from the skin, leaving only what washes off naturally during the toweling off process.
Dryness, oil & dirt build-up, salt water or not combing out daily will lead to tangle and shedding. Please follow hair care instruction and use good shampoo & conditioner to wash & condition your hair at least once a week, and twice a week is even better.
Virgin hair needs to be combed from time to time. You could go to your stylist for further suggestions.
If the hair is wavy or curly style, which we don't suggest combing it. If you have to, please comb it with hands or a wide-tooth brush gently. Tight-tooth brush will ruin the hair’s original shape and make it frizzy and feel like tangled!
When you dye the hair with bleach powder, please control the time within 5 minutes.
If you dye it with dye cream, you need to control the time within 20 minutes. Otherwise, the hair will be damaged by cream if you leave it too long there, which will lead to shedding.
When sleeping, please bond the hair with an elastic band or wear a cap. It will avoid tangling or shapes-changing.
After waking up, please remove the band and comb through beginning at the ends and working your way up to the roots.
When swimming, we suggest wearing a swimming cap. Because the sea water or pool water is not good for hair, and it will make the hair tangled and rough. It`s better to wash it with warm water, hair shampoo and hair conditioner after swimming.
Please use professional products for colored or bleached hair and follow the advice of a professional stylist. It's worth noting that the more frequently perm your hair, the more damage you're likely to cause.
Hot perms (or acid perms) are slightly less damaging than cold perms (or alkaline perms). Please control the time within 5-10 minutes, the hair will be damaged if you leave it too long, which will lead to shedding. It's worth noting that the more frequently perm your hair, the more damage you're likely to cause, so the Original wig is also a good choice at most times.
Here are some tips to help wash and care your hair:
1)When you wash the hair, it's better to brush it first and use warm water and hair shampoo to wash for twice. Then put hair conditioner equally on the hair for 5 minutes. Then wash it with clean water. Hair conditioner is very necessary everytime you wash your hair! We suggest you use high-quality hair conditioner.
2) If you want to blow your hair dry, please blow to 80% dry, then keep the rest 20% to naturally dry, by this way, it will keep your hair away from drying and frizzy!
3) When you feel the hair is very dry, you can spray some hair oil. Meanwhile, when you wash the hair, you can pour little hair care oil into warm water ,and put the hair inside that warm water for 10 minutes around. The hair will be more silk and soft comparing before. But we suggest you not use hair oil everyday. Because hair oil may make your hair strands dry and hard!
4) If you want to get your hair curls back, better to use crimping iron to curl the hair according to its original curl shape again!
5) As with any protective style, it’s important to make sure you’re not neglecting your natural hair. If you only wear your wig a week or so at a time, you can skip shampooing and conditioning until you remove it. Long-term wear, however, requires routine care so that your own hair doesn’t become dry and brittle. After cleansing your hair and scalp, thoroughly dry your tresses. Allowing your scalp to remain moist underneath your wig is inviting problems, you can use a hood or bonnet dryer if necessary.